Business Travel Insurance

Beginning June 1, 2022, UC has partnered with the Chubb-AXA Global Travel Assistance Center to better assist our travelers. All current travelers will receive an email with the new service provider's email and call center numbers. Please also review the attached handout with more information on the expanded services, including telehealth diagnosis and appointments for overseas travelers: Chubb-Axa Services Overview

COVID-19 Travel Insurance Updates: There are new requirements in place to obtain approval for business travel. Please carefully review the requirements for your travel situation:     Please also be aware that some incidental costs resulting from COVID-19 may not be covered by our travel insurance provider. Please navigate to the UCOP Travel Insurance webpage and click on the "Coverage for COVID-19 While Traveling" document link on the right-hand menu. The document will be updated as conditions change:

Worldcue Trip Planner

You can use Worldaware's travel planning tool, Worldcue Planner before booking business or personal trips (domestic or international). This tool will allow you to learn more about the city/region you are traveling to, including information on health issues, required immunizations, safety and security, culture, language, transportation, weather, and currency exchange rates. This service is free and available on the MyAccess menu as 'Pre-Trip Planning.'

Business Travel Insurance

The coverage is provided at no cost to UC authorized travelers. Please be aware that there are different levels of coverage which begin when you are 100 miles away from your usual place of work and if you are traveling within the US or outside of the US. Coverage benefit summaries and more information including claim forms are available at the UCOP travel assistance website. UC Travel Insurance may not include coverage for some types of travel and certain situations. Please read the UC Business Travel Benefits Summary and the UC Student Off-Campus Travel Benefit Summary carefully.

Registration for Travel Insurance

Coverage is provided at no cost to eligible University travelers. However, accurate information on your travel plans is needed in order to deliver the services and protections the travel insurance policy offers. All travel booked using BCD Travel or UC Travel Center on Connexxus will automatically be registered.
Employees using other booking methods must register their travel plans prior to departure: Register online here. Important: You will be prompted to print a confirmation of coverage card after registering. The card contains contact information to help travelers obtain services. Please do not forget to print this card.

Please review the information on how to book travel and request access to Connexxus here:

Registration for Worldcue Traveler

Once you register for travel insurance, you will be provided a link to set up a traveler profile. You can fill out emergency contact information and add additional email addresses to receive alerts at this link. If you have already enrolled in Worldcue Traveler and need to access your account, click HERE. Your email address will be your user name.

Proof of Insurance to Acquire a Visa

  • Proof of Insurance to Acquire a Visa - For proof of insurance to acquire a visa for travel, please provide the following information and email it to [email protected]:
    • First and last name
    • Date of birth
    • Dates of travel
    • Travel destination (country or countries to be visited)
    • Additional Information as requested by travel destination’s embassy
Please allow 3-5 business days for your insurance request to be processed.

Travel Policy Guidance

Understanding UC Travel Policies

For more travel resources, please see this webpage:

Contact Andrew Sinclair if you have additional questions about safe travel planning or would like to request a personalized travel briefing based on your itinerary.