When should I contact Medical Center Risk Management?
- To request proof of Professional Liability(PL) insurance or a PL Claims History for a physician
- To report any serious, adverse or unexpected clinical outcome or occurrence not related to the patient's underlying disease or condition
- To report receipt or service of notice of a professional liability claim, subpoena for deposition or trial appearance or summons and complaint
- To report notification of investigation by a regulatory agency, such as the Medical Board of California
- For consultation regarding medical center policies and procedures, such as those relating to obtaining appropriate consent for treatment, release of information, disclosure of adverse outcomes to patient/families
- To consult on inquiries from legal counsel
- To report a lost patient property claim